Saturday, October 1, 2011

um, September, where did you go?

Changing jobs has really thrown me through a loop. I'm pretty sure I missed September entirely.

At this point Sami is climbing towards 3 at a rapid pace, although I'm not sure she'll make it being that she's pretty trying right now. She is incredibly bright, and I'm worried that she'll outwit me every day (she does already pretty frequently). Her current interests include but are not limited to: Asking to drive the car, telling me "no" without fear of consequences, and trying to hold/boss around her baby sister. These are just the things she did this morning.

She loves to sing. Infact, she'll sing everything. Her current favorite that she's trying to learn is "Take Me Out to the Ballgame". Apparently striking out is the best part of that song. And the Cracker Jacks. She also really likes "Old McDonald", and thinks it's hilarious to make Old McDonald have a donkey, so I'll try to sound like a donkey. Yep. That's my kid. And what's more, she'll make you sing things over, and over, and over, until you decide that's enough, and switch the song. Which she'll make you repeat again and again. She's bossy, demanding, bright and independent. Hmm...I wonder where she gets all that from?

Becca is not crawling. She's mobile by rolling all over the place, but she's not crawling. Which is fine by me, but she would like to crawl. I can see in her eyes that she would really like to launch herself from the sitting position into the hands and knees crawling position, so that she can chase after he sister, but, as of yet, hasn't done it. She also weighs about 19lbs, and I'm guessing it takes a lot of strength to get that that much weight off the ground and moving. And when she does get moving, I really think Sami will be in more trouble than me, for the simple fact that her sister will want to sit on her.

She's very smiley. Her laughter is infectious, although she doesn't laugh very often. When she finds something funny, it's pretty cute though. So far, we can tell that she thinks beating up daddy is pretty funny. Twice, she's cracked up laughing when pretending to "hit" daddy with her fist. Yesterday, she laughed when daddy had Sami's stuffed Barney hit him in the face. This, of course, is very funny to me.

Both girls really like sports. Sami is very into watching her cousins play volleyball. She told daddy once, "Get out of the way, I'm watching the ball". Which, of course, bodes well for my dreams of an athletic scholarship at a big name college so that I'm not in debt for the rest of my life so that my kid can get a decent education. Speaking of that, we've recently found that Sami is a big Oregon Ducks fan. No, I'm serious. It's a "tradition" in my house to watch College Game Day on ESPN, and she REALLY likes the Ducks. I know you think that can't be possible, like she wouldn't be able to tell different teams apart, but she loves the mascot, the uniforms, and their colors. Plus, she picks them to win over any other animal mascot (including my Rams. Great for her, sad for me). She likes Ducks.

Becca likes baseball. I'm not sure why, but she really does. Or seems to. I don't know if any of you know this, but when Sami was a baby she really liked to "watch" basketball on TV (or in the gym) She would be fussy and I'd turn on a basketball game, and she'd calm down (she went to her first basketball game at 8 days old). To this day, her favorite sport to watch is basketball. This is how Becca is with baseball or when her daddy plays softball. It's odd, but true. My girls love sports.

As much as she loves sports, she's still pretty girly though. Right now, she's doing her daddy's hair and making him "pretty". I don't know if he'll ever admit it, but Greg's a total princess. He's glad he had girls, I can tell. Until next time...ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment